NCDC Recruitment 2020 process has commenced for short term consultancy – Surveillance Support Officers in 19 states in Nigeria. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is a health agency with the directive to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks.
For three years now, NCDC has set up a new tool for disease examination. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the NCDC and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to enhance disease supervision as well as detection and management of outbreaks and hence strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
Also, NCDC has supported states in establishing Public Health Emergency Operations Centres for improved coordination of outbreak preparedness and response.
The health agency is investing resources in strengthening health security at the sub-national level including improving capacity to efficiently prevent, detect and respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
The Location includes: Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Kebbi, Borno, Osun, Enugu, Niger, Kwara, Benue, Gombe, Yobe, Adamawa, Jigawa, Ekiti, Kogi, Ogun, Cross River, Imo and Abia States
- Start Date: April 20, 2020
- End Date: October 19, 2020
- Employment type: Full time
The Responsibilities/job of the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer Include
- Support the implementation of SORMAS in the state
- Support the state epidemiologist in developing and implementing outbreak preparedness and response activities
- Support the state epidemiologist in strengthening coordination between surveillance and laboratory teams
- Provide technical leadership to the State surveillance team on the use of surveillance data for data-driven decision making
- Provide mentoring, support and supervision to LGA DSNOs and asst. DSNOs on data collection and data entry using the SORMAS tool
- Work with state epidemiologist, state DSNO and others as indicated to analyse collected surveillance data and provide feedback
- Support the appropriate use of the SORMAS tools and troubleshoot problems
- Coordinate disease surveillance project evaluation activities at the state
- Support the activities of the state public health EOC
- Liaise with the NCDC Surveillance Department to provide regular feedback
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the NCDC Director of Surveillance
Minimum or least experience:
At least 6 years experience with the Nigeria’s surveillance system or Monitoring and Evaluation or Field research
Minimum or least qualification:
- First degree in Human Medicine, Veterinary medicine, Public Health or any health or biological science related discipline.
- Master’s degree (preferable in public health)
- FELTP training will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with SORMAS tool or any other surveillance tool.
- Must be domiciled in the state of assignment.
- Experience in managing surveillance data at LGA or state level.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office suite and Epi info or SPSS.
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems.
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively.
- Good verbal communication skills in the local language of the state of assignment and working knowledge of English.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply for NCDC Recruitment 2020
If you wish to apply for NCDC Surveillance Support Officers recruitment 2020, you should apply by sending your resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB April 17, 2020 using the Job title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. ‘’Surveillance Support Officer- Anambra State’’
Note-only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.