Arthur Eze Biography, Career, Net Worth, and Lifestyle
A member of the royal family, let’s discuss Arthur Eze biography, career, net worth, and lifestyle.
Arthur Eze is a Nigerian oil mogul, politician, and philanthropist, who is the CEO of Atlas Oranto Petroleum, which is the largest privately operated Nigerian exploration & production group. In Igboland, he is referred to as “ozoigbondu” (meaning “savior”) of Igboland.
The 72-year-old entrepreneur said to be the eighth wealthiest man in Africa. His older brother is serving as the traditional ruler of Ukpo village, located in the Dunukofia Local Government Area (LGA) of Anambra State.
Here is all you need to know about Arthur Eze biography, career, net worth, and lifestyle.
Arthur Eze Biography
Chief Arthur Eze was born November 27, 1948, in Ukpo village in Dunukofia LGA, Anambra. The successful businessman is popularly called “Prince Arthur Eze” owing to the fact that he is from a royal family. His elder brother is king of Ukpo Village.
He had his elementary (secondary) education in 1970 at St. Augustin Secondary School in Nkwere, Imo State, after which he then proceeded to study mechanical & chemical engineering at California State University, Long Beach, California, between 1974 and 1978.
Arthur Eze Career
In 1991, he established Atlas Oranto Petroleum, and at present, the company boasts 22 oil & gas licenses in twelve jurisdictions in various parts of Africa, including assets in Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea as well as many blocks run by Atlas Oranto. Up to the current moment, Atlas Oranto Petroleum is the largest holder of oil exploration blocks on this continent.
The company has regional offices & reps across core investment locations in the West African sub-region, and its technical base is sited in Lagos, whereas its headquarters is in Abuja. Arthur Eze decided to have the headquarters in Abuja because the management of the company can gain access directly to African policy-makers in this region. The Eze Family owns the company stock.
Additionally, all the shareholders play a role in the running of Atlas Oranto Petroleum.
In 1992, he founded Triax airline following the deregulation of airlines in Nigeria. The base of this airline was the Enugu Airport and had 3 B727s until it stopped operations in 2000.
Prince Arthur Eze is a politician, who has always donated generously to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In one such his numerous displays of generosity, he gave nearly $100 million as a form of financial support to politicians in Anambra State.
The oil magnate is called “the godfather” by several top politicians in his state and he is treated as an authoritative figure in political matters.
While he continuously gives donations to the PDP, he also provides support for other political parties, too, so long he believes in the individual contesting.
A number of political observers posit that “godfatherism” in Anambra State began when Chief Arthur acted as the sponsor of Senator Joy Emordi in 2005, following the annulment of Emmanuel Anosike’s election. It’s also pertinent to mention that the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) was created in his sitting room.
Arthur is a family man, who is blessed with children, with one of them being Onyeka Eze — the founder & president of Prince Osisioma Foundation.
Arthur Eze Net Worth
Chief Arthur Eze is a man, who makes donations both in millions and billions. Even as he does so freely, he still has more than enough to financially assist people with from his reservoir of wealth.
The business mogul is worth billions, though we can’t say with certainty what his net worth is. But a number of online sources claim his estimated net worth is $5.8B.
Arthur Eze Lifestyle
Prince Eze is a huge fan of the late highlife artist, Oliver De Coque. Before his demise, the Igbo musician produced an album, which sang Arthur Eze’s praises. Also, Emeka Morocco, who is an Igbo singer, made the ekpili brand of music, with several of his songs praising the billionaire in more than one of his albums.
As stated earlier, Eze is a generous man, whose philanthropic gestures are worthy of note. These are some of his philanthropic activities:
- Donation of a sum of $12 million for the construction of St. Stephen’s Anglican Deanery as well as Youth Development Center in Otuoke, Bayelsa, in 2013.
- Donation of $800,000 for the construction of 2 primary schools in Yirol and Rumbek communities in Central South Sudan.
- Donation of ₦5M to the Association of People Living with Sickle Cell Disorder (APLSCD) to build a standard sickle cell clinic at the Ukpo, Dunukofia Council Area of Anambra.
- ₦10M donation to the elderly people of the Ukpo community.
- He was among the donors for the relief needs of the victims of Boko Haram insurgencies, giving $800,000 as a donation at a fundraiser in Abuja.
- Donation of $6.3M to the flood relief efforts in Nigeria in 2013.
- Donation of ₦25M of the total funds raised for the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup.
- Donation of ₦20M to a church in Abagana for the purchase of musical instruments & renovations in 2015.
- Donation of a complete medical research center to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
- Chief Eze constructed the overhead bridge in Ebonyi State singlehandedly without requesting government intervention.
- Modernization of the local market close to the Ukpo palace and creation of road networks that link the Dunukofia clan with neighboring towns, such as like Abba, Awkuzu, Ifite-Dunu as well as Abagana.
Recognizing his several philanthropic activities and great achievements, he has been conferred with many awards. These are some of Prince Arthur Eze’s awards & recognitions:
- ‘Patron of Ndigbo Lagos’ and induction into the Ndigbo Lagos Patron Hall of Fame at his seventieth (70th) birthday celebration.
- Dr Umahi, Ebonyi State Governor, named a major road in Arthur Eze’s honor and appointed him as the Chancellor of Ebonyi State University.
- He was conferred with the distinguished award of the ‘Officer of the Federal Republic (OFR)’ by president Goodluck Jonathan at an event in Abuja on November 14, 2011, recognizing his contribution to the development of the nation’s economy as well as his humanitarian gesture to the Nigerian people.
- He got the Zik Prize leadership awards, the ‘Zik Leadership Awards’, in the business category in 2018.
- He was named “Outstanding Citizen of the World” by Enugu City Centre Rotary District 9142 in 2015.
- In 2018, he won the ‘Africa Value Award’ by Value Reorientation and Developmental Initiative Africa (VARDIAFRICA).
That is all we have for you on Arthur Eze biography, career, net worth, and lifestyle.