No matter the network you are using, with this BVN code, you can easily check BVN on Glo, MTN, 9mobile, and Airtel.
Have you forgotten your BVN number and would like to check it on your SIM card? If yes, then stay tuned.
BVN (Bank Verification Number) is a biometric identification system that works by recording the facial photograph and fingerprints of the client. The system was implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to reduce or curb illegal banking transactions in the country. The system is a modern security measure to reduce fraud in the banking system in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria. Without further ado, let’s show you how to check your BVN number with your network provider.
How to Check BVN on Glo, MTN, 9Mobile, and Airtel
To check your BVN on any network provider, follow the steps below;
• Dial *565*0# on your phone. It is a general USSD code that works on Glo, MTN, 9mobile, and Airtel.
• The service costs ₦20, so ensure you have more than that on your SIM card.
• Once you dial the code, wait until a pop-up message appears with your BVN number.
- To check the BVN on mtn line: Dial *565*0#
- To check BVN on Glo Line: Dial *565*0#
- To check BVN on 9mobile number: Dial *565*0#
- To check the BVN on Airtel number: Dial *565*0#
You must dial the USSD code with a phone number that is registered or link to that BVN. So if you lost or misplaced the phone number registered to your BVN, you won’t be able to check it.
You’ll have to meet your network provider and retrieve the phone number. Or you can go to your enrollment bank (i.e. the bank where you registered for your BVN initially) and see if they can register a new phone number to your BVN and update the profile.
MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile all have borrowed services where subscribers can lend a certain amount of credit for something urgent and important. The BVN USSD code works on “borrowed” credit, so you can use that if you urgently need to check your BVN and without credit on your phone.