How to Check GCE Result Online
The General Certificate Examination (GCE) is a private O’level examination for candidates who for some reasons did not pass the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). Both the GCE and WASSCE are conducted by the same Examination council – The West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
This article is put together to show you how to check GCE Result Online. The council by law is in charge of these types of examinations in English-speaking West African countries. Though they also contributed to education in the Anglophonic West African countries.
How to Check GCE Result Online
If you sat for GCE and you will like to know the status of your result, pls follow the steps below.
- Visit the WAEC official website www.waecdirect.org/
- By the left side of the homepage is the “Result Checker” section.
- Enter your 10-digit GCE Examination Number. It usually consists of the 7-digit centre number and the 3-digit candidate number. e.g 4323555673
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year e.g 2005
- Then select the type of Examination. In this case, it will be “Private Candidate Results”.
- Proceed to scratch your e-PIN Voucher
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the e-PIN Voucher.
- Then enter the serial number on the e-PIN Voucher.
- Click on “Submit” and wait for the results window to come up displaying your result.
NOTE: You can only check your result up to a maximum of five (5) times with the use of one e-PIN Voucher. For subsequent checking of a result after exhausting this limit, will lead to getting another e-PIN Voucher. This e-PIN Voucher cost Seven hundred naira (N700) from any WAEC zonal/branch office nearest to you.
How to check GCE Result through SMS
Results can now be checked via SMS for both GCE and WASSCE. For checking of GCE result, follow these steps;
- Make sure you have the e-PIN Voucher and it has been scratched.
- Send an SMS in the format below:
- WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to short-code 32327. This platform is only available to MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers. For example, the SMS will look like this WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2007
- Ensure there is no spacing in the message. Please adhere strictly to this format.
- After sending the message, wait for your result to b delivered to you via SMS.
- This service cost thirty Naira (N30) only.
Having problems checking GCE Result
For those who can’t check their GCE result both online or via SMS due to one issue or another, kindly send the following details listed below to email@example.com for verification and assistance;
- Error message displayed
- Your examination number
- Type of Exam
- Year of Exam.
- Or visit any WAEC office nearest to you for further enquiries.
List of WAEC Offices in Nigeria
WAEC International Office
- 3 Watchtower Avenue,
- Onipanu, Somolu, Lagos
- Private Mail Bag 1076. Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
- Tel: (234-1)-5820266, 5820704, 7915675, 7914351-6
- Fax:(234-1) 5820265
NIGERIA National Office
- 21, Hussey Street, Yaba;
- Private Mail Bag 1022, Yaba, Lagos.
- Tel: (01) 7305150, 961016, 2136455, 8974569
Abuja Zonal Office
- Secretariat Road,
- P.M.B 67, Garki,
- Tel: 09-4832969; 4836173
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benin Zonal Office
- Exams Council Avenue
- Off Benin-Auchi Road
- (Opp. Water Reservoir)
- P.M.B 1234,
- Benin City,
- EDO STATE.
- Tel: 052-875481; 876483; 875484
- GSM: 08025383319
- Email: email@example.com
Enugu Zonal Office
- 22, Aguleri Street,
- Independence Layout,
- PMB 1040, Enugu,
- ENUGU STATE.
- Tel: 042-823384, 823375-9
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ibadan Zonal Office
- 1/3 Akintoye Adesina Way, Ijokodo,
- PMB 5260, Ibadan,Oyo State.
- Tel: 02-8104370; 8101058; 8101084; 8707227; 2007079; 2008394
- Email: email@example.com
- Ikeja Zonal Office
- Plot 18,18 & 20, Ijaye Road…
OAU Portal: How to Register and Check Result
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is one of the best tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The university is controlled and operated by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It was established in 1961 while classes commenced the following year – 1962. The university name honours the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo – a nationalist and statesman who played a vital role in Nigeria’s independence. The current Vice-Chancellor of OAU is Professor Eyitope Ogunbodede. The purpose of this article is to help student on how to register and check the result using the OAU portal.
How to Register on OAU Eportal
- Go to www.eportal.oauife.edu.ng
- Login using your Registration Number and the Password you used last on the portal.
- Upload your scanned School Certificate Result(s). Then proceed to the completion of the following forms correctly; Certificate form, Bio-data, Course registration form, and Bed space application form (optional).
- Payment of the appropriate charges will be carried out at the bank.
How to check Result on OAU E-portal
- Go to www.admissions.oauife.edu.ng
- Click on Post UTME Result Checker
- Enter your username and password.
- Log in to check your result. Note: checking of results is absolutely free of charge.
How to check Admission Status on OAU E-portal
- Go to the University admission portal page www.eportal.oauife.edu.ng/admissions.php.
- Enter your admission year in the required column e.g 2019.
- Enter your JAMB registration number.
- Then click on the ‘Submit’ button to access your OAU admission status.
- If you have been successfully admitted, you’re required to proceed to the JAMB portal where you’ll either Accept or Reject the admission offer.
One can also check their OAU admission status on JAMB website by following these steps;
- Go to www.jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Login to your JAMB profile with username and password.
- Then scroll down and locate the “Check Admission Status” tab. Click on it.
- Select your examination year to follow by entering your registration number.
- Click on “Check Admission Status” to check your OAU admission status.
How to Contact OAU
All enquiries or complaints will be addressed via the following online platform:
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Helpline: 08088014185
List of Faculties in OAU
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Environmental Design and Management
- List of Departments in OAU
- Agricultural Economics & Extension
- African Languages and Literature
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology
- Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Animal Science
- Business Law
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Pathology
- Civil Engineering
- Community Health and Nutrition
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Continuing Education
- Crop production
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Dermatology and Venerology
- Dramatic Arts
- Drug Research and Production Unit
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Educational Foundation and Counseling
- Educational Technology
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- Environmental Health and Epidemiology
- Estate Management
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Food Nutrition and Consumer Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Foreign Languages
- Haematology and Immunology
- Institute of Education
- International Law
- International Relations
- Jurisprudence and Private Law
- Literature in English
- Local Government Studies
- Management and Accounting
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Mental Health
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Medical Pharmacology and therapeutics
- Morbid Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatology
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Paediatrics and Child Health
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Physical and Health Education
- Physiological Sciences
- Plant Science
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Law
- Quantity Surveying
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Special Education and Curriculum Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning