What is an FNB e-Wallet and does one make a withdrawal? First National Bank e-wallet is a service that makes it seamless for users to create, send and withdraw money from an FNB account. This has been made easily accessible to beneficiaries who have a valid South African phone number thereby using any electronic means like FNB ATMs, FNB App, or online banking without necessarily being an FNB account user.
Withdrawal of funds is designed in a way that the recipient, even though they receive notifications on their phone, must enter a PIN before they can eventually gain full access to the fund. Read on to figure out the several ways to withdraw from an FNB e-wallet in this article.
How to Withdraw from FNB E-Wallet
One major thing to always keep in mind is that each time you want to perform a transaction from your e-wallet that has to do with withdrawing money sent via e-wallet, the withdrawal pin has only 16 – hours validity period from the time it was sent to you, after which it would no longer be useful. Therefore, you need to ensure that you will be able to withdraw within that time frame before requesting the withdrawal.
There are two methods a recipient can choose from to initiate a withdrawal. It is either through an FNB retail store or via an FNB ATM.
How to Withdraw Money via FNB ATM
To do this, you must request a pin. Follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Start by dialling *120*277#.
- Next, press 1 to select cash withdrawal.
- Lastly, you will be asked to press 1 again to request an ATM PIN. You will then receive an SMS that contains a unique pin of four digits.
After going through the above steps, you can then proceed to process the withdrawal with the PIN that was generated.
Proceed to the nearest FNB ATM centre within 16 hours from the time you generated the PIN.
- Press the enter button on the ATM.
- On the screen, select “e-wallet services”.
- Key in your cell-phone number.
- You then have to enter the four-digit pin that was sent to you via SMS.
- Finally, enter the amount that you want to withdraw which can either be less than or equal to the amount sent to you.
You can then relax as the ATM will dispense the cash according to your request.
Once this guide is followed as instructed, you can successfully make a withdrawal from any FNB ATM with ease.
How to Withdraw Money via FNB Retail Store
You can withdraw from as many retail stores as possible. The list of various retail stores you can withdraw from has been populated for your use and they include; Savoy SPAR, Myezo SPAR, Umlazi TOPS, Lighthouse SPAR, Lighthouse TOPS, Bray’s SPAR, Limpopo SPAR, Northcrest SUPERSTAR, and others.
Having to withdraw from a retail store also requires the request of a withdrawal PIN, though it can only last for 30 minutes unlike that of an ATM which lasts for 16 hours. So it is advisable to request the pin only when you are ready to withdraw.
The guideline below shows how to request for retail store withdrawal pin.
- Dial *120*277*4#.
- Next, press 1 to select withdrawal PIN.
- Then, press 1 again to request for retail store withdrawal PIN.
Once this has been assigned, to withdraw cash from a retail store, you have to make a purchase using a supported credit or debit card.
- Select cash withdrawal at the checkout.
- Select “withdraw from e-wallet”.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Then you enter your phone number.
- Key in the PIN to authorize the withdrawal.
Note however that, withdrawing from a retail store is free since you will have to make a purchase at the retail store with your card.
Now that you have all the information you need to carry out financial transactions using the FNB e-wallet services, you can try it out right away. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any questions.