Before you can apply for Prepaid Meter from Ikeja Electric, you need to go through their registration process. I know by now, you must be thinking it’s going to be a hectic process. The truth is it isn’t hectic as long as you follow our comprehensive guide on how to register for Ikeja Electric prepaid meter.
The process is basically a KYC (Know Your Customer) walkthrough, where you’ll be asked to provide personal information about yourself. You can also reach out to their customer care team on email@example.com and/or call 017000-250, 01-448-3900, 0700-022-5543 for any assistance.
Guide on How to Apply for Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter
Below is how you can easily apply for Ikeja Electric prepaid meter;
- Visit the website www.map.ikejaelectric.com. The ‘New Login’ section is for new users. Just enter Ikeja Electric account number and press ‘search’. While the ‘Returning Customers’ is for existing users. Enter your account number and password and click on ‘login’.
- Step 1 is creating your security key. On the ‘Create Security Key’ page, enter the following details; mobile number, email and password. Then click on ‘Continue’.
- Step 2 is the updating of your record. This is a very critical stage, make sure you input the correct details. You’ll need to upload a passport photograph which resembles the one on your ID (identification) card you’ll be asked to upload. Also, your Bank Verification Number (BVN) is required at this stage. Just carefully fill out the form and click on ‘Continue’.
- Step 3 is for settling a debt. Of course, you have no issue here if you’re not owning any debt. For those who have outstanding debt, it will be displayed at the top. You’ll need to agree ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if you’re responsible for the bill. If you choose ‘No, I don’t agree’, you’ll be asked to visit their office to continue your dispute. But if you choose ‘Yes, I agree’, the next thing is to pay/clear the debt. Ikeja Electric has made it flexible for consumers, you can either pay full, three instalments or part payment. You get a 10% discount on the final lap of your three instalments payment. Full payment attracts a 15% discount. While for part payment, there is no discount. Pick your preferred option and proceed to make the payment.
- Step 4 is the review stage. You need to cross-check all your details for errors. If everything checks out, then confirm the payment. Remember to take down the payment details and reference number. Once you made the payment, log in to your account and upload the payment details for confirmation. An email will be sent to you after the confirmation has been completed. Depending on the volume of payment confirmation queued up, the verification process takes between 24 to 48 hours.
As you can see, this comprehensive guide on how to register for Ikeja Electric prepaid meter is not hard. It actually simple to be honest, so go ahead and register for your Ikeja Electric prepaid meter now.