Jumia Marketplace Overview and How to Shop
Jumia is an e-commerce platform that operates in Nigeria and Africa as a continent. The company was launched in Lagos, Nigeria in 2012 and has since spread to 13 African countries. This e-commerce platform consists of;
- Marketplace: where sellers connect with consumers.
- Logistics service: the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers.
- Payment service: facilitates transactions among participants.
We will be focusing on Jumia Marketplace for this article. The marketplace is free to interested sellers and helps you connect easily with potential buyers. Jumia market boast of over 200 million customers. This is a good platform for sellers who are trying to break into the e-commerce world. You can use the Jumia online market to test the waters before opening your own e-commerce store.
How to Sell on Jumia Market
To sell products on Jumia, you have to be a registered vendor. The registration is quite fast, and isn’t time-consuming.
- Visit https://www.jumia.com.ng/marketplace-vendor/
- Click on ‘Start Selling on Jumia’
- Fill the Registration form
- Submit the required documents such as Business registration and bank account details.
- Complete their new seller training.
- Activate your seller account and manage your shop.
- Upload your products and start selling. You can get more visibility from their Campaigns/Promotions, and get insight on best selling products.
Selling on Jumia allows you to connect with millions of buyers online, sell more products, top-notch seller support, expert product delivery, improve revenue, free online and offline training.
How to buy from Jumia
- Select a product catalogue or use the ‘Search’ function to see your desired item.
- Click on the item
- Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button, which should add the item to your cart.
- In the top right corner is the ‘cart icon’, click on it.
- Register/Login your account.
- Choose your preferred payment option.
- Click on ‘Confirm order’ to make the payment. After successful payment, an email or SMS will be sent to you confirming your order.
How to cancel an order on Jumia
You can cancel an order before delivery by contacting Jumia customer care support. Explain to them why you want to cancel the said order and the representative will be glad to help you with it. If your order has been shipped, simply reject it upon delivery.
How to contact Jumia Customer Care
You can contact Jumia customer care support team using any of these two phone numbers; 01-888-1100 & 0700-600-0000. Operating hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm; Saturday, 9am-5pm; Public Holidays, 9am-5pm. You can also fill the contact us form on their website https://www.jumia.com.ng/contact/
How to return an item to Jumia
Items bought on Jumia market can be returned. Simply call any of their customer care support phone numbers or fill the contact us form on their website. Note: you can initiate a return up to 7 days after the item has been delivered. Item cannot be returned after 7 days of delivery. Jumia return policy states that all tags, seals, and accessories are left intact. Also, the item you’re returning is in its original packaging.
How to pay on Jumia Marketplace
Jumia has different payment methods on their platform. These payment methods can be seen in the final step of your item checkout. Below is the list of payment options
- Jumia Pay
- Debit/Credit Card
- Pay on Delivery
What is Jumia Pay
Jumia Pay is a secured payment option launched by the company for people to shop on their services. It is completely free to use and you even get a certain discount once you use Jumia Pay as your payment option to buy items in Jumia market.