For many students of Keiser University, it’s not uncommon for them to be indebted to the University and many have been found to be unable to pay their loan. That is why the University authority put a programme in place to address the loan debt from students. This is called the Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program.
Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Programme
The Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program is a programme designed to help Keiser University graduates reduce or eliminate their student loan debt. The program is available to graduates who work in public service or who meet certain other eligibility requirements.
You may ask who are the people eligible for the Loan forgiveness programme? To be eligible for a loan cancellation, there are certain conditions that must be fulfilled. Below I listed them for easy understanding.
To be eligible for the Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program,
- You must be a graduate of Keiser University
- You must have federal student loans (private loans are not eligible)
- You must be employed in a public service job or meet certain other eligibility requirements
- You must have made a predetermined number of timely student loan payments
Criteria for getting Keiser University Loan Forgiveness
Now that you know the criteria for getting Keiser University Loan Forgiveness, it is important I tell you the different types of loan forgiveness available through the Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Programme. They are;
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
PSLF is a federal program that forgives the remaining balance of your federal student loans after you make 120 qualifying payments while working full-time in a public service job.
Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Plans
IDR plans are federal programs that cap your monthly student loan payments at a percentage of your discretionary income. After making a certain number of qualifying payments under an IDR plan, the remaining balance of your loans may be forgiven.
Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
The Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program forgives up to $17,500 in federal student loans for qualified teachers who work full-time for five consecutive years in a low-income school.
Military Service Loan Forgiveness
The Military Service Loan Forgiveness Program forgives up to $50,000 in federal student loans for qualified members of the military.
How do I apply for the Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program?
To apply for the Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program, you must first visit the Keiser University website and download the loan forgiveness application. Once you have completed the application, you must submit it to Keiser University along with all supporting documentation.
What are the benefits of the Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program?
The Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program offers a number of benefits to eligible graduates, including:
- Reduced or eliminated student loan debt: The program can help you reduce or eliminate your student loan debt, which can free up your money for other expenses, such as saving for a home or retirement.
- Increased financial flexibility: With less debt, you will have more financial flexibility to pursue your career goals and personal interests.
- Improved credit score: Making timely student loan payments and working for loan forgiveness can help improve your credit score. This can give you access to better interest rates on loans and other financial products.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you are eligible for loan forgiveness can give you peace of mind and reduce the stress associated with student loan debt.
The Keiser University Loan Forgiveness Program is a valuable resource for eligible graduates. If you are struggling with student loan debt, I encourage you to visit the Keiser University website to learn more about the program and to apply.