Longing to know how to activate NHC prepaid meter using code? Then, this article is essential for you. So, let’s begin!
Whether you trying to use the NHC prepaid meter for the first time or you an old customer find it hard to activate it, never worry anymore. Because this article is going to enlighten you. Just relax and read carefully.
But, before we tell you about how to activate the NHC prepaid meter, let’s look at other things like cost and how to apply for the it.
How To Apply For NHC Prepaid Meter Online?
- Visit Website: With your computer or smartphone which has an internet connection, go to the IKEDC site map.ikejaelectric.com
- Input Number: If you are an old customer, then enter your meter number. But, if you are a new customer, then enter your meter account to find your profile.
- KYC Process Completion: For you to be able to commence the account survey process, you have to complete or update details about yourself on the webpage.
- Debt Repayment Agreement: It is necessary to pay off all outstanding bills before you will be given your meter. Though your unpaid bills can be rolled into your prepaid account and there is room for you to pay it instrumentally, according to IKEDC’s repayment plans.
- Payment For Meter And Installation: Map has authorized bank accounts where you will be expected to do all payments. Therefore, desist from making any cash payment to any person to avoid getting cheated.
How Much Does NHC Prepaid Meter Cost?
It is vital to note that it is not free. So, following the directive of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), you are supposed to pay for the NHC prepaid meter either by a one-off upfront payment or in installments. There are two types of NHC prepaid meters. They are the single-phase prepaid meter and the three-phase prepaid meter. The Single-phase prepaid meter cost N38,350 and the Three-phase prepaid meter cost N70,350, Valued Added Tax (VAT) inclusive.
Now, that you have been well guided on how to apply for NHC prepaid meter. And, you have also known the cost of the single-phase and three-phase NHC prepaid meter, the next step should be, how to activate it?
How To Activate It?
- You must ensure that there is a power supply in your area before you do anything else.
- Insert the batteries into your (UIU box) monitor and make sure that the UIU is connected to your meter.
- Input your meter number and after that press the “ENTER” button.
- Then, input the first twenty (20) digits activation code of the IKEDC prepaid meter token and press the “ENTER” button.
- Now, input the second twenty (20) digits activation code and press the “ENTER” button.
- Then, input your recharge pin and press the “ENTER” button.
- Instantly, power will be restored in your apartment.
That steps 2, 3, and 6 are essential if you have not received your 40 digit activation code.
Hope this article about how to activate NHC prepaid meter using code was helpful.
Please, drop a comment below of your views about this article.