Everything you need to know about the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021, its requirement and how to apply online.
This post will provide you with all the information you need on the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme. To tackle the rapid rise of unemployment in Nigeria, the Federal Government and UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) has formed what is regarded as a youth empowerment programme.
What Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is all about
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is a 12-month, on the job youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Against a backdrop of rising global unemployment and underemployment, the Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organisations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) will help 20,000 graduates in their job search by placing them in both public and private sector organisations across the country. The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme was launched on August 31, 2021, by President Buhari to tackle the rapid rise of unemployment in Nigeria.
Below are the requirement or eligibility criteria for Graduates
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021 Requirement for Fellows
• The fellow must be a citizen of Nigeria.
• Must be a fresh Bachelor’s degree graduate from any discipline. Must have graduated not earlier than 2017.
• The maximum age requirement for applicants is 30 years old.
• Applicants must not be currently engaged in any employment.
• They must have completed the mandatory NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) or have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
• Applicants must demonstrate commitment/interest in their chosen career field. And also demonstrate commitment/interest to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
• They must have an excellent professional attitude and time management.
• The fellow must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021 Requirement for Organization
• The organization must provide up-to-date regulatory documentation including the CAC Certificate of Registration.
• The organisation must provide an official letter of interest detailing a clear understanding of the objectives of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) and commitment to supporting the program by accepting fellow placements.
• The organisation must provide clear descriptions of available role requirements.
• They must agree to provide mentorship support to fellows through dedicated sessions with existing experienced professionals within their organizations. And also an agreement to abide by the guidelines of the NJFP and to sign a code of conduct.
• Organisation must have non-discrimination policies on gender, religion, ethnicity, and disability status, as well as policies against sexual harassment, abuse and exploitation (PSHEA).
• The organisation must have no criminal records or convictions. They must have no affiliation with proscribed organizations i.e. terrorists, illicit trade, drug traffickers, and child labour.
How to Apply For Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021
The application form for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme opens on the 6th of September 2021 and will close on the 20th of October 2021. You can find out more by visiting the official website of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme https://www.njfp.ng/apply
Benefits of Jubilee Fellows Programme [NJFP ]
- NJFP will offer opportunities to qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
- The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
- NJFP will place 20,000 highly skilled Nigerian youths in private and public sector organisations across various industries
- NJFP will help organisations cut through the lead-time and resources spent recruiting entry-level roles.
- Empower and engage youth to be able to contribute to the expansion of the private sector.
How to Contact Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme Office
For any enquiry and complaint, you can contact NJFP office by visiting United Nations Development Programme,
UN House, Plot 617/618 Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme Questions and Answers
Who can apply for forNigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme?
Recent Nigerian Graduate who graduated from the university or other tertiary institution of the corresponding level not earlier than 2017. Must be no more than 30 years old. Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
The programme will last for 12 months
No. The work placement is a 12-month work opportunity that provides the jubilee fellow with an opportunity to acquire ‘on-the-job’ skills and gain work experience with the aim of improving employability and competitiveness for the job market.
3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship.
High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
Fellows with an interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network that can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Private sector organisations, research institutions, public sector and development agencies.
Applicants are matched automatically
Yes, but it is not guaranteed.
Yes. Fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
Yes, you can