Are you interested in knowing how to register for ICAN and contact ICAN customer care in Nigeria? If your answer is yes, then you’re much welcome. I’ll be showing you how to be a registered member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). And also how to contact their customer care team in case of any complaint, inquiry or request.
ICAN is one of the two professional accountancy associations in Nigeria with a regulatory authority. The other one is the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
How to Register for ICAN
There are three known ways one can register with this professional accountancy association. You can register as a professional student, an ATWSA (Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa) or as a member.
To Register as a Professional Student;
- Go to any commercial bank in the country and pay the sum of seven thousand Naira (excluding bank charges) to the ICAN account. The bank will give you a PayDirect receipt upon successful payment.
- Go to ICAN website to continue the registration process with the PayDirect receipt obtained from the bank.
- In the registration form that you’ll fill out online, attach a scanned copy of your passport photograph.
- After filling out the registration form, print it out. Look for the signature section in the form and sign.
- Take the form to the chartered accountant that will be your referrer/sponsor. There is a section in the form for him/her to enter their personal information.
- Registering with an AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) result attracts an N23,500 fee for the induction/conference. You’re to attach the photocopy of the payment receipt to the registration form.
- Also, do not forget to attach the original copy of the PIN voucher, two copies of certified passport photos, and an original copy of the PayDirect receipt to the registration form. Address the registration form to the Registrar/Chief Executive of the institute, if you’re using a transcript in place of the NYSC certificate.
To Register as an ATSWA student
- Before you can register for ICAN as an ATSWA student, make sure you have either the National Diploma, National Certificate of Education or any ICAN-approved qualification.
- Pay the sum of six thousand Naira only (excluding bank charges) via PayDirect at any commercial bank in Nigeria.
- Go to the registration page on the ICAN website with your PayDirect receipt gotten from the bank.
- Fill out the registration form and attach a scanned colored passport photograph.
- Print out the registration form and ink your signature in the appropriate box.
- Take the form to your sponsor/referrer for them to fill in their personal details.
- Now attach the following to the registration form; 1) a photocopy of the WASC/NECO certificate, or Statement of Result, OND, NCE, and other ICAN acceptable academic certificates, 2) two copies of passport photographs, 3) the original copy of the PIN voucher, 4) a copy of your birth certificate or sworn affidavit, 5) three empty envelopes with your address and ₦50.00 stamp on each of the envelopes, and 6) the original copy of the bank payment receipt.
- After attaching all these documents to the registration form, submit the form to the Students’ Education & Training Department at ICAN Secretariate, 82, Murtala Mohammed Way (opposite Denton police station), Ebute Meta, Lagos.
To Register and become an ICAN member
- You must become a qualified accountant with working experience before you’re allowed to join ICAN.
- Walk into any commercial bank in Nigeria and pay the sum of ninety thousand Naira only (N90,000) via PayDirect. This is the Induction fee to become an ICAN member.
- Go to the registration section on the ICAN website with the PayDirect receipt https://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect.
- Enter your receipt and deposit slip numbers in the box provided.
- The system will generate a new PIN and Serial number for you.
- Now fill out the registration form with your PIN, Student Registration Number, and Serial Number.
- Once you’ve filled out the registration form, scan a passport photograph with white background.
- Then, submit the registration form.
- Now, print the membership form and give it to your sponsor/referral to sign. Make sure that your ICAN final examination number is clearly written on the form.
- Attach the original of your Attestation/Confirmation letter(s) with the company’s letterhead. The letter(s) should be signed by a Chartered Accountant in the organization. Those who are in Commerce, Industry, or Government Parastatals can give to an external auditor. While those in practicing firms can give it to a partner. The letter should boldly state the duration of your employment (month and year) as well as a detailed scope of your duties.
- Upon completion of the induction registration form, download and submit it to The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria at Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Ensure that you submit the form on or before the stipulated closing date.
How to Contact ICAN Customer Care in Nigeria
If you have any questions, inquiries, or complaints, you can reach out to anyone on the customer care team of ICAN below;
- Tel: 08126500406
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07061055076
- Email: BIMOSEMI@ican.org.ng
- Tel: 08023749637
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 09053847539
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article provides you with every information on how to register for ICAN and contact ICAN customer care in Nigeria. If you need us to the shed light on something, feel free to drop a comment below.