The e-wallet service introduced by First National Bank was put in place to enable anyone in South Africa who has a valid South African mobile phone number to easily receive money sent to them from another FNB customer through the e-wallet option.
This service enables swift and easy withdrawal, sending money, and checking account balances without any technicalities.
The process is designed in a way that ensures security on the user’s account during the process of sending money for withdrawal by the recipient.
That is, the recipient even after receiving notification from his mobile phone will still need to enter a pin that will be sent to him by the sender before he can have access to the fund in question.
The recipients have to activate their e-wallet within 13 days from the day the transaction was made. This measure was put in place to ensure that the sender doesn’t suffer losses from online transfers.
In this article, you will learn about all the specific tips you need to know about FNB e-wallet services and how you can check your account balance.
How to Check FNB E-Wallet Balance
The process involved in checking your e-wallet account balance is quite simple and fast because all you have to do is to use the USSD code by dialing *120*277# on your mobile phone. You then select the option for checking your e-wallet balance. However, this approach of checking your FNB e-wallet balance may also differ depending on the service you want to access even though you use the same code.
Another method of checking your e-wallet balance is through the FNB banking app by purchasing airtime or electricity. If the purchase goes through you can rest assured that you still have enough funds on your e-wallet. The following are the steps involved:
- The first thing to do is to Login to the banking App, after successful login, you then select the “E-wallet” tab.
- Click on “buy prepaid” option and then navigate to “prepaid electricity” option.
- Choose amount you want to purchase and enter your meter number.
- Select “purchase” and then “confirm”.
How to Send Money from Your E-Wallet Balance Using FNB ATM
- Insert your card into the machine, and enter your pin.
- Select “more options” from the displayed menu and choose the “send or receive money” option.
- Choose E-wallet services.
- You will be requested to enter your date of birth.
- Read through the terms and conditions displayed on the screen as thoroughly and as fast as you can, then click on proceed.
- Enter the mobile number of the beneficiary as well as amount you want to send.
- Confirm details of the beneficiary.
- Complete the transaction and take back the ATM card.
How to Withdraw Money From Your E-Wallet Balance Using FNB ATM
To withdraw from your e-wallet balance via any ATM, you will need to have a withdrawal PIN, this process can be done on your phone and the process is as follows:
- On your mobile phone, simply dial *120*277#.
- Press 1, to select withdrawal.
- To request for ATM PIN, enter 1.
- An SMS will be sent that contains a unique four-digit PIN.
After generating the pin, here is how to process your withdrawal from your e-wallet using the ATM.
- Visit any nearest FNB ATM within 16 hours of receiving the PIN.
- On the screen, select the service you want to perform.
- Then enter your mobile phone number.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN you received via SMS.
- Enter the amount to withdraw which must be less than or equal to the amount that you received.
- The ATM will dispense the cash according to your withdrawal request.