If you are looking for ways to request a new FNB e-wallet pin, do not worry, because you are in the right place. This article will walk you through all the necessary guidelines or steps to follow to request a new pin, reset your e-wallet pin, on how to find your e-wallet pin, and the lifespan of the pin.
The first thing you need to know is how to register for the e-wallet through the use of your mobile phone.
How To Register For FNB E-wallet:
- Firstly, proceed to their website and click on create account once you arrive at the login page.
- After account creation, you will land to a page where you key in your mobile number and submit the one time pin code sent to you.
- The next thing to do is to set your six-digit pin and security question or answer.
- Enter your personal details and you have successfully registered for FNB e-wallet service.
An E-wallet pin is that pin which you use in approving transactions made via your wallet. This pin is just a four-digit numeric code. Besides the use for withdrawal and sending money, this pin is also meant for securing your account. The pin is used to lock money into your account by preventing anyone from accessing it and it also helps to keep your mobile phone safe at all times.
How To Request For FNB E-Wallet PIN Online
Getting your FNB personal identification number is simple, follow the steps below:
- On your smartphone, dial the USSD code *120*277*1#.
- To request for e-wallet pin, press 1on your phone keyboard.
- You will then receive an SMS with the four-digit e-wallet pin.
To get your pin from a retail store, simply dial *120*277*4*1# and then press 1. You will get your FNB e-wallet pin immediately.
How To Request For A New FNB E-Wallet Pin
To request a new e-wallet pin, you can use the FNB short-code to get this done. Simply dial *120*277# and then the select password. Follow the other instructions and you will be able to set another pin. The new pin is meant to be used once to enable you to withdraw or send money from your e-wallet account. Hence, it is advisable to request the pin only when you are ready for withdrawal.
This pin is requested from the receiver before he can be able to have access to the fund, though, the pin is valid for 4 hours and can expire before you get to withdraw the money.
The pin is also needed for withdrawing money, especially when using FNB ATM. The pin is valid for sixteen hours though if the pin expires, you can still get to request another pin and complete the transaction. The new pin is only meant to be used once to facilitate withdrawal from your e-wallet account.
How Do I Find My E-Wallet
You can easily find your e-wallet pin by following the procedures below:
- To access your e-wallet account dial *120*277#.
- From the options displayed, select the first option to get the pin.
You will receive an SMS of your 5-digit pin that will be required to process a withdrawal.
Note, the pin expires after 16-hours for withdrawal, hence it is advisable to request the pin only when you are ready to withdraw.
How Long Does An E-Wallet Pin Last;
According to First National Bank(FNB), an e-wallet pin only last for four hours during the process of sending money for withdrawal by the receiver but lasts for 16hours during withdrawal by the e-wallet user.