Canada offers an excellent opportunity to live and work through the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. This work visa allows eligible young adults to gain Canadian work experience without needing a job offer, LMIA or English test scores. You can apply for a Canada IEC visa and receive approval in as little as 2 weeks.
Jobs Opportunities in Canada-Apply Now
- Top Construction Accident Lawyers in the US
- Canada Free Work Visa in 2 Weeks – NO IELTS, LMIA & Job Offer
- Latest Cleaning Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
- 10 Best Scholarship Programs for International Students in Canada
- Latest Nursing Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship (Apply Now)
What is the International Experience Canada Program?
The International Experience Canada program (IEC) enables youth from certain countries to travel and work in Canada with an open work permit. It helps them gain professional work experience while exploring Canadian culture.
There are three main IEC categories:
- Working Holiday – Open work permit for 12 months
- Young Professionals – For 12-24 months in a skilled job
- International Co-op Internship – Intern in a Canadian company
Over 100,000 participants come to Canada through IEC every year. Citizens from over 30 countries can apply.
IEC Canada Work Visa Requirements
To be eligible for the IEC work visa, you must meet these basic requirements:
- Age 18-35 years old
- Citizen of an IEC participating country
- Have a valid passport
- Meet education/work experience requirements
- Get an IEC job offer letter (for Young Professional and Co-op only)
- Pay all required visa fees
- Show proof of funds for living expenses
Importantly, you do NOT need:
- A regular job offer
- LMIA approval
- IELTS English test score
How to Apply for IEC Canada in Just 2 Weeks
Thanks to online processing, you can get IEC visa approval in as little as 2 weeks by following these steps:
1. Create a MyCIC Account
Visit the Government of Canada IEC website and create a free MyCIC account. This lets you access the IEC online portal.
2. Complete Online Application
Log into your MyCIC account and complete the IEC online application. You’ll need to provide details on your eligibility and pay fees.
3. Get Medical Exam and Police Certificate
Part of the application involves getting a medical exam and police certificate. Schedule an exam with an IRCC approved doctor and obtain a police certificate from your home country.
4. Submit Biometrics and Supporting Documents
Finalize your application by submitting biometrics, passport scans and supporting documents online through your MyCIC account.
5. Receive IEC Work Permit Approval
Within about 2 weeks, you will receive notification if your IEC work permit has been approved. You can then apply for an eTA to travel to Canada.
That’s it! The streamlined online IEC application process allows for very fast visa processing and approvals.
Types of Canadian IEC Work Visas
There are three different categories within the IEC program. Each offers exciting work and travel opportunities in Canada:
IEC Working Holiday Visa
A Working Holiday visa lets you live and work anywhere in Canada for up to 12 months. You can work for any employer and change jobs easily. It’s the most flexible IEC option.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have $2500 CAD in savings
- Have high school education
- Be age 18-35
- Meet other basic IEC criteria
- Get approval under your country’s limit
IEC Young Professionals Visa
The Young Professionals IEC visa is for 12-24 months. You must have a skilled NOC 0, A or B job offer to qualify.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Job offer in a skilled NOC 0, A or B role
- Meet language/education criteria
- $2500 CAD savings
IEC International Co-op Internship
An IEC Co-op Work Visa lets you intern with a Canadian employer for up to 12 months. Your employer must offer a skilled NOC 0, A or B job.
- Have a NOC 0, A or B co-op job offer
- Be a registered post-secondary student
- Meet other basic IEC criteria
IEC Work Visa Benefits
Canada’s IEC program offers many excellent benefits:
- Work anywhere – With an open work permit, you can work for any employer in Canada
- Travel Canada – Explore Canada during weekends, holidays and time off
- Gain work experience – Build your skills and add Canadian work experience to your resume
- Make money – Take advantage of the high Canadian dollar and wages
- Pathway to PR – IEC helps qualify for permanent residency later
In addition, you get access to Canada’s quality healthcare, great work culture and high standard of living.
Canada’s International Experience Class program offers an excellent opportunity to live, work and travel in Canada. With fast and easy online IEC visa applications, you could get approved in as little as 2 weeks. With this flexible open work permit, you can gain valuable Canadian work experience without needing a job offer, LMIA or IELTS score.